Sexual freedom is a slogan so trite and oversold that most of us have lost sight of what it really means. Freedom is a natural gift that depends on each human being’s knowledge, clarity of mind, and internal development.
You are free when there is coherence between your inner world and the external universe. This is expressed when you give and receive the best in you naturally and spontaneously —when you enjoy each experience as a game of energies that flow incessantly, and enjoy the present without expecting to receive the approval of others. You trust and follow the dictates of your own heart.
To maintain an active and free sexual life, we must respect the same principles.
Know your inner world.
You are and have what you think and believe.
Become more aware of your powers and limitations.
Keep your feelings, beliefs, thoughts, and actions mutually consistent.
Enjoy each moment and each erotic encounter, aware that it is a unique and unrepeatable moment of pleasure with your partner.
Seek the satisfaction of your partner in a natural and fluid way.
Be open to receive, while giving emotional and sexual satis- faction at each encounter.
However . . . how can you really practice all of these universal principles? What is the guidance you need? Beyond sex, color, religion, or social status, there are keys to maintaining the balance in the scales:
5. Understand, non judgmentally, the sexual fantasies that issue from your mind.
6. Respect the desires, beliefs, and ideas of others.
7. Be open to enjoying new experiences proposed by your partner, while remaining true to
your own needs.
8. Look for and update information on new techniques to enhance pleasure.
9. Understand that erotic contact is a fascinating game and ex- change between two people.
10. Take care of the health of your body and the body of your lover, protecting it from any disease.
11.Maintain a sexual ethic with your partner, which entails respecting his or her availability and the codes agreed to for each new encounter.
12.Remember your erotic dreams to try to find their unconscious messages and understand the hidden meaning being expressed.
13. Try to observe any resistance to feeling when you’re with your partner.
14. Always propose sexual communication without imposing rules that are not shared by your partner.
15.Respect other people’s sexual tendencies, which does not imply participating in them.
16.Try to get information on, and clarify everything related to, the myths that condition our sexuality.
17. Maintain a renewed attitude on the erotic plane, regardless of how long you have been in the relationship.
18. Seek open spaces in which full harmony can flourish.
The liberation of a human being, in all areas of his or her life, and in different forms, is endowed with an infinite essence. The wisdom of en- joying life in full freedom consists of discovering each day a new aspect